Experience – 8+ Years
Job Location – Vadodara, Noida, Pune
In this position, you will manage and provide support for the Monitoring Tools area focused on the Tools used for Monitoring, which are tightly connected to the datacenter, Network, Security.
Involvement in process automation, Tools integration, Gap analysis.
Involvement in the Tools vendors and together work with architecture, design and implementation of solutions as well as keeping the environment well-documented.
Included is to understand and suggest improvements of the global Monitoring Tools services & ITSM tools that provides the most value and to be an interaction point driving the solutions forward.
- Must have thorough knowledge on all operating systems and platforms (Network, Firewalls, Windows/Unix/Ubuntu servers, Storage, Security.)
- Experience in administering Monitoring Applications (Solarwinds, Logic Monitor, Icinga, or OEM products like VMware, Commvault, Isilon etc)
- Experience with Manager of Managers, event Co-relations, Operations Bridge.
- Strong knowledge of SQL query language
- Hands-on experience in server and script languages (PowerShell, vbscript, perl, bash, other)
- Experienced in handling and monitoring databases like MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle
- Network knowledge (routing, NATting, SNMP, Netflow)
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated and dedicated, with attention to detail
- Individual must have strong communication skills both verbal and oral, customer oriented
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc
- Create, refine, implement, document and maintain Monitoring services and processes, for successful monitoring of software and infrastructure.
- Implement Monitoring solutions: create overview dashboards, show events, alerts, action, and trend analysis graphs that are fit for purpose.
- Understand dependencies and points of failures in the architecture of systems and applications
- Provide robust Monitoring services
- Understand the Monitoring needs of internal customers and translate them into a good solution.
- Build good relationships with stakeholders. Ensure that all stakeholders are aware of any monitoring developments, releases and issues to ensure expectations are managed.
- Demonstrate best practice, train the customer how to use the tool
- Ensure monitoring processes are automated wherever possible.
- Quickly acquire new monitoring and technical skills and be able to work with new features, tools or technologies.
- Highlight knowledge, skills, abilities and traits necessary in this role to satisfy our customer’s expectations