Implement, maintain, and monitor on-premises and cloud infrastructure of IoT Product installations.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Understand networking, compute and storage infrastructure designs and implement them on premise and on-cloud (AWS/Azure) using IAAS approach.
- Automate implementations, maintenance, monitoring using tools and scripts following infrastructure as code approach
- Implement operational, performance and security monitoring of the infrastructure; updating it to address new issues
- Identify performance bottlenecks and implement performance optimization remedies for bottlenecks.
- Design, implement and manage CI/CD pipelines for build and release deployments
- Design, implement and manage patches, version upgrades and backups.
- Maintain documentation of infrastructure design and tasks.
- Experiment and pilot new tools, technologies, concepts
- Windows and Linux administration (authentication and authorization, storage, hardening, patching)
- Scripting language (Bash/shell is preferable)
- docker and docker-compose. Knowledge of Kubernetes is advantage.
- Azure/AWS cloud service administration– Virtual Machines, Storage, Networking
- database server management for any of these: MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL.
- monitoring tools like Prometheus, Splunk, ELK, Nagios etc.
- Troubleshoot system and application-level issues using tools such as sysdig, syslogs, journal logs, access, and error logs etc.
- Troubleshoot networking issues with protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP(S)
- Git, Maven, and Jenkins for CI/CD pipelines
- Terraform for Infrastructure-as-code
- Ansible/chef/puppet for configuration management
- Understanding of messaging service like JMS
- Analytical skills to analyze and troubleshoot infrastructure issues
- Communication and teamwork skills