Experience – 5+ years
Si2 tech is seeking an energetic MAC Administrator in Client Engineering team. The ideal candidate will work closely with End Users, IT Departments and Product Teams, requiring good communication and interpersonal skills.
This candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for desktop engineering starting from Hardware standards, Imaging & deployment and maintenance of Automatic Software Distribution world-wide. The successful candidate must be a strong team player and provide quality support to peers, management and supporting staff to ensure operation activities are being exercised as defined.
General Duties And Responsibilities
- Managing, updating and distributing applications and software using JAMF to MAC users worldwide.
- Provide support to Global Service Desk & IT Client services worldwide on the services/solutions designed/offered to MAC users.
- Work with IT Team, Product team to gather requirements for Application packaging and follow Change Management processes for successful releases to MAC environment.
- Work with security team to ensure that desktop environment is secured.
Knowledge & Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, with a minimum of 5+ years of work experience in the IT field. Strong knowledge and experience in JAMF administration and packaging & deployment of applications for MAC environment in an enterprise.
- Strong knowledge & experience in JAMF administration and packaging & deployment of applications for MAC environment in an enterprise.
- Strong understanding of MAC OS platform (10.5 onwards) and MAC client computing technologies.
- Ability to evaluate, recommend and deploy technologies and solutions to Apple user base focusing on productivity, security and user-experience.
- Good knowledge of Apple scripting & automation in MAC environment.
- Good understanding & experience MAC OS Imaging using Jamf and similar tools.
- Good experience & knowledge of backing up, restoring & maintaining the JSS MySQL database.
- Good experience & knowledge on reporting capabilities and custom these as per business need.
Desired to have
- Understanding of varying IT software and hardware platforms.
- Jamf Certified
- Understanding of networking & server technologies (Active Directory, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WAN/LAN, VPN etc.)