The primary function of this position is to develop software applications supporting websites and server-side platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for:
- Analyzes, designs, coding and supports related applications using Liferay DXP
- Thorough knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle processes/procedures is also required.
- Performs maintenance and enhancements on applications (functional and related reports) with limited supervision with regards to code development in accordance with established naming conventions and standards, implementation procedures, and post production testing.
- Delivers efficient code that minimizes system performance impacts and minimizes post-installation issues. Tests thoroughly.
- Works with Business Analysts and Technical Analysts to further define specifications, indicate areas of system impact, and continuously communicates project status and needs.
- Assists the application support team in troubleshooting and resolving application system errors.
- Resolves application issues in a prompt manner without assistance.
- Creates detailed technical documentation of system enhancements. Examples of documents include Design Specifications Documents, Report Guides, System Description Documents, and Change Control Forms.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to lesser experienced developers and guide team-oriented projects.
- Follows the Software Development Life Cycle policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Minimum 10 years of software development experience or proven competency developing and supporting applications
- Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages
- Must have deep knowledge of Java 1.8 and above
- Must have deep knowledge of Liferay and Spring framework.
- Must have deep understanding of OAuth2, SAML and other SSO related protocol
- Must have experience working with JWT and other token based authentication mechanisms
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
- Experience developing software utilizing workflow or ESB software
- Good to have knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Good to have knowledge of elastic search engine.
- Knowledge of Multi-threading, Async programming with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes